Kratom Capsules: A Look at the Pros and Cons
- March 10, 2021
One of the most remarkable Kratom products are capsules. Kratom capsules, made from Kratom powder, are derived from a tree that grows in Southeast Asia’s tropical rainforest. The mitragyna speciosa tree is the same tree of which all Kratom products are made.
If you are looking for an easy way to experience Kratom, choosing capsules may be the best option for you. However, it’s also helpful to know the downside of Kratom capsules so that you can ensure you’re choosing the right products and not wasting your money.
What’s in a Capsule?
There is sometimes confusion between a capsule and a pill. While Kratom capsules are similar to tablets and pills, they are more beneficial. There are three primary differences between a tablet and a capsule.
- First off, capsules contain raw Kratom powder and no added substances. Tablets have binding agents and synthetic ingredients to ensure that they hold together.
- Capsules are also easy to consume because the outer coating is made from gelatin. Tablets can sometimes stick and be unpleasant.
While a tablet and capsule may sound similar, they are quite different. Capsules are an excellent way to ensure you’re getting pure Kratom in a convenient form.
Do Capsules Come in Various Strains?
Most reputable Kratom vendors will sell a variety of strains online. These strains all produce different experiences, and some may be better for you than others. When you buy capsules, you get the choice of what kind of strain you want. A trustworthy vendor should have several types of capsules available, allowing you to choose based on personal preference. When it comes to the different types of Kratom capsules, a few main types tend to be more popular than any other, including:
- White Borneo Kratom capsules
- Green Malay Kratom capsules
- Green Indo Kratom capsules
If you want a different type of strain in your Kratom capsules, you can easily make them yourself. You can purchase empty gel caps and put in the type of Kratom powder that you like.
The Benefits of Kratom Capsules
There are several reasons why Kratom capsules are among the most favorite products available at trustworthy retailers.
- As Kratom capsules contain a specific pre-measured dose, it is the easiest way to ensure you’re not taking too little or too much. Sometimes it can be a challenge figuring out how much Kratom will be right for you. With capsules, you can rest assured that the measurement will always be consistent.
- Capsules provide a portable and discreet Kratom traveling convenience. If you are someone on the go who may want Kratom to incorporate into a busy lifestyle, they are the best option. You’re not going to want to bring out Kratom powder and measure it in a public space. You want the experience to be discreet and simple.
- As Kratom is considered bitter, you may want to avoid the aroma altogether and choose capsules.
- When using Kratom powder to make tea or baked goods, sometimes issues arise with the potency. Heat can sometimes affect the potency and burn off the active compounds.
The One Downside
As you can see from the above list, Kratom capsules provide a plethora of benefits. However, there is one thing that deters some users from these products.
Capsules will most likely be more expensive than some of the other products you find available. The manufacturer will be putting in extra work to encapsulate the different Kratom strains. To pay for the extra labor and equipment, they need to accordingly increase the prices.
There is one way for you to eliminate this downside, and that is by creating your capsules. If you want to save money while also enjoying the Kratom capsule’s convenience, the best bet is to do it yourself.
Making Kratom Capsules at Home
If you’re thinking about DIY Kratom capsules, you will need a few tools first. One of the best tools to have it will be an encapsulation tray. This tray contains several holes in which you put empty vegetable capsules. You can then put Kratom powder over the tray’s top and spread it evenly into the different cups. You then finish off by adding the other half of the vegetable cap and sealing them.
Even though it is less expensive, it’s going to take you a bit more work to make these capsules. You will need to invest in a few different tools and give in to the fact it may take a lot more time, and you may have to get your hands dirty. Some people also run into consistency issues as they don’t precisely measure the powder.
If you’re up for the challenge, DIY is an excellent option. If not, it’s sometimes worth the extra investment to buy Kratom capsules from a reputable source.
These vendors can ensure that the product is high-quality and that every amount will almost be the same. Over time you may find this is a much more beneficial route to buy other Kratom products or make capsules yourself.