Why You Should Not Be Buying Cheap Kratom
- November 4, 2020
For someone who is just starting to learn more about Kratom, you must ensure you are buying top quality products and not falling for the scams presented by some vendors. Many “budget” dealers advertise their products at prices so low; you can guarantee they are doing something unethical to get it on the shelf. When you take the time and put effort into purchasing Kratom from a reputable dealer, you know you will be getting a potent, uncontaminated, and consistent product.
Understanding The Basics
Before you start looking through product catalogs or spending money at an online store, it is essential that you understand a bit about Kratom and where it comes from. The tropical tree, mitragyna speciosa, is native to Southeast Asia, and the leaves from this tree are harvested, dried, and ground into powder. This powder is then turned into a wide array of Kratom products including capsules, and extracts. Many native communities in Southeast Asia have been using Kratom for many years, claiming it has therapeutic properties.
After the leaves of the mitragyna speciosa have been harvested, and the product is ground down, it must be appropriately stored and processed to hold onto its quality over time. Vendors who are selling Kratom that is too cheap often are skipping steps in production, which could threaten the product’s quality. If you end up purchasing a product that has been processed incorrectly, you never know what synthetic materials might be added.
Identifying The Red Flags
When you buy anything, you should be looking out for people who are scamming or just trying to make a quick buck. When it comes to Kratom, you need to be extra cautious when buying as you don’t want to be left with a sub-par product. Outlined below are some of the red flags you must watch out for when looking for new Kratom products.
- Old products- If a company is selling products that have been on the shelves for over five months or even a year, you have to be skeptical of their business. Once Kratom is harvested and refined, it is best used within 3-4 months. If stored correctly, you can make it last, but no vendor should be selling an old product. It must be fresh. If it is old, they may be trying to get rid of stock or buy it off another dealer who was unwilling to sell it.
- Decreased potency- If a dealer is selling Kratom that is low potency, they may be adding something into it to sell more products. Usually, you won’t know if a product is less potent until you have used it and found out for yourself, but it is essential to take your business elsewhere once you do know.
- Source unknown- The vendor selling Kratom must know where it is coming from. If they do not know the source, you can’t be sure that their business is ethical or responsible. As Kratom must be cultivated carefully and the best product comes from farms worldwide, an unknown source is a major red flag.
- No community support- All Kratom vendors and manufacturers must be supporting the community of consumers and advocates. As Kratom is at risk of becoming a controlled substance, there must be support for Kratom, or else its reputation could be ruined.
- Inconsistency- If the place where you are purchasing Kratom delivers you an inconsistent product, there is something they aren’t doing right. If they are only out to make money and to look for ways to cut costs across the board, they are probably missing critical steps to ensure their product is safe and effective every time.
While it can be tempting to fall for low prices, you must look out for these red flags, or else you will be taken advantage of.
Save Money Other Ways
If you are looking for ways to cut down costs associated with Kratom purchasing, you will want to look for other methods, not just choosing budget stores. If you purchase from a reputable dealer, they will almost always have some product that is going to be affordable for you. As their quality is higher, you can guarantee that you aren’t wasting your money on something that will not work.
Another way a lot of people save money on Kratom is by buying bulk. Many reputable dealers sell bulk Kratom bags, which is excellent for those who want to freeze it for later. You can turn the bulk powder into various formats, including extracts, tea, and capsules.
Find A Dealer You Can Trust
Having a Kratom vendor that you can trust will be essential to getting a safe and effective product every time. Once you know you can count on a specific dealer, try and stay loyal to this company. At a reputable store, you can try out various products and rely on the staff to help you with any concerns.