Are You a New Kratom User? 5 Tips You Need to Know
- May 2, 2021
In recent years, Kratom has exploded in popularity, and with it comes a necessity for users to educate themselves on it because there isn’t a lot of outwardly available information. Unfortunately, there are some manufacturers and vendors that don’t produce Kratom in a pure manner, and can include many toxic ingredients in the harvesting and manufacturing process. There were some issues a few years ago with contaminated Kratom making users sick, which again points to the fact that new users need to carry out their due diligence. This ensures that they can have the most successful experience in both their first time and long-term use of Kratom.
First things first:
What is Kratom?
To put it plainly, Kratom can potentially boost users within their daily health regimens. But there’s so much to know and it’s not always easy-to-access information. Luckily, you can find all the fundamental info you need here.
Essentially, Kratom is an extract that is derived from a tropical evergreen tree that’s actually in the coffee family. This extract is often sold in the form of powder because it makes it easier for consumers. It can come as a powder, in capsule form, or as tea. What’s more, there isn’t just one strain of Kratom. Some of the most popular include red, green, and white vein Kratom, but there are many more strains out there.
For thousands of years, Kratom has been used medicinally in Southeast Asia, but it’s only become popular in recent years in the United States, making its voyage to North America rather complicated because there is so little research. The Food and Drug Administration is still trying to nail down how best to classify Kratom, which means that it’s currently unregulated. Being unregulated means that there can be absolutely no information about dosing provided by vendors or manufacturers on their websites or packaging products. This can make a user’s first foray into Kratom a very negative experience. Luckily, if one digs a little deeper, there is guidance out there.
Find Your Fit: How to Have a Positive First Experience with Kratom
As previously mentioned, there is a great deal of misinformation out there about Kratom, and until there is more research done, consumers really have to keep their eyes peeled about what looks safe and what doesn’t. Things like lots of reviews, both negative and positive online, as well as a consistent social media presence, are good indicators of the level of legitimacy of a Kratom brand or manufacturer. New users need to carry out their due diligence so that they can have the most successful experience their first time with Kratom as well as their long-term use.
- Don’t know when or where you should start? It’s time to start some research. Look at Kratom user blogs as well as websites product reviews for information about the best way to start the process. It is very much a user-driven experience and should only be used for research purposes.
- Don’t get ambitious on your first try. Because there is little information about dosing, it can feel like a bit of a stab in the dark for a first-time user. Less is more because you can always build up, making it a much more positive experience long term. Don’t get ambitious on your first try. Because there is little information about dosing, it can feel like a bit of a stab in the dark for a first-time user. Less is more because you can always add more which will assist in making it a far more positive experience.
- Always eat before you ingest Kratom. The initial side effects of having Kratom can help determine if it’s the right thing for you. Though, there are some side effects that can distract the process and soften the user’s first experience, including taking Kratom on an empty stomach. Like many substances, including medications, Kratom consumption can cause nausea, vomiting, heartburn, acid reflux, and stomach irritation, when taken on an empty stomach. Be aware that some less-reputable sites suggest that taking Kratom on an empty stomach makes it more effective. Do not listen to this information. It will simply make you nauseous.
- Familiarize yourself with the variety of strains available. Learning about Kratom strains can help you to better fit your needs. Red vein is the most popular strain because it has properties that are relaxing. White vein is often used in the morning because it can be energizing. And, the green vein is known as a sort of middle between the red and white strains, and some say it offers the best of both worlds. There are also strains that refer to geographic areas, including Bali, Indo/Indonesia, and Maeng Da.
- Invest in high-quality Kratom. We recommend opting for more high-end products because of the fact that Kratom is not regulated. Purchasing products that are mixed with simulated ingredients or not farmed properly can affect your enjoyment of Kratom and can even make you sick. It’s also important to note that at your ideal Kratom provider, all the products are lab-tested independently, and are compliant with GMP or Good Manufacturing Processes.
As with any new experience, keep your ears and your eyes open to shady vendors who make outlandish claims about Kratom and often mix in simulated ingredients that can be bad for you. Remember, this is a user-driven experience, so seek out other users to get some guidance so your first and continual experiences with Kratom are positive.
Leave a Reply